In addition to the purchase price of the property there will be other expenses involved that you need to be aware of such as:
- Fees and charges payable for obtaining a loan, if finance is required (payable directly to your lender).
- Stamp duty.
- Landgate fees for registering you as new owner of the property.
- ASIC search fee (if any party, including you, is a company). This is to find out full details of the company to ensure it is not in liquidation or administration, etc.
- A share of any rates and taxes paid by the seller on the property to the extent they relate to a period after settlement. If the seller has pay land tax, however, you will not be liable for a share of this.
- Our professional fees for the settlement.
- PEXA fee. (PEXA is the electronic platform under which most settlements are now conducted in WA).
We will provide you with a detailed statement of all the expenses that are incurred at settlement that are payable to us or which we pay on your behalf.