When your transfer is lodged for registration at settlement, the:

  • Local Government
  • Water Corporation and
  • State Revenue Office *

are automatically notified of the new purchase. The buyer and seller need to notify other service providers, however, such as the electricity, gas and telephone companies.

(*State Revenue is relevant only where land tax applies i.e. if you are selling or buying an investment property.)